PDAO-2: ParticleDAO Formation Agreement

Name: ParticleDAO Formation Agreement
Author: 0xJustice.eth#6213
Date: Sep 2, 2022

I propose we introduce the following Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements into our community canon. They are not new and have been discussed at length in previous posts. I am also not the author. Both ParticleHQ and ParticleDAO Genesis crew created these statements over a prolonged period of negotiation and conversations, but they have not been officially endorsed by the community through a vote. Note that there may be minor changes in tense from previous versions. They are as follows:

Vision (What)

Our vision is to leverage blockchain and NFT technology to radically change how people own, collect, experience, and ultimately enjoy art.

Mission (How)

Our mission is to acquire, safe keep, govern, and share humanity’s great works of art.

This entails:

1. Democratizing the collection, stewardship, and preservation of art for the Particle community
  2. Building value, utility, and growth for the Particle collection
  3. Ensuring that a good-faith relationship is created with artists in the curation of their works of art
  4. Disrupting the traditional art market in a way that makes art accessible to everyday people
  5. Pursuing a world where artists benefit from their work and intellectual property in perpetuity

Purpose (Why)

The ParticleDAO’s purpose is to:

1. Represent the Community’s interest in democratized and distributed access, participation, responsible stewardship, and a heartfelt connection with art
  2. Empower the Community by giving them the responsibility and power to vote on actions that will radically change how people own, collect, experience, and ultimately enjoy art.
  3. Act as a conduit to bridge the non-profit, for-profit, and artists’ interests in the Particle Ecosystem through an engaged and dedicated community
  4. Partner with ParticleHQ, the Particle Foundation, and Artists to develop a world-class, revolutionary, and creative ecosystem in a mutually beneficial manner
  5. Work to enhance the value to the Community, the assets it represents, and the collections it obtains
  6. Focus on the pursuit of Community driven ideas and projects that bring value to Particle holders
  7. Help make the joyful pursuit of collecting and displaying fine art accessible to a wider range of people
  8. Develop an engaging, informative, and educational Community that creates a highly-desirable ecosystem for art lovers and NFT enthusiasts alike
  9. Make a positive impact on our Community, the Public, and the Arts
  10. Put genuine and concerted efforts toward altruistic pursuits that help underserved communities to share in the experience of fine art

Background

Note the following background material used to bring the above statements together. These are previous foundational docs and conversations:

I have not included the Declaration of the DAO document here because it reads (to me) as more of a letter from community members and the Particle founders. This is important, and we need to remedy the concerns listed there, but I think that’s a longer conversation that has to play out over time as all Particle ecosystem stakeholders continue to work together and execute the above vision. Only time and action will prove whether the listed concerns have been adequately answered and remedied.

Next Steps

If this proposal is voted in, the next step will be to create a community handbook. This would comprise the above states, our governance system, and onboarding instructions. This will be used as our community operation system, and changes to it will happen through an improvement proposal process. What say ye?

• Yes - Let’s do it!!
  • No - Needs major overhaul

0 voters

2 Likes

After many months of discussing this, I feel this captures what the active people in the community have said they are interested in. I have a very minor edit request to help clarify the 3rd and 4th point under “Purpose” to list the non-profit, for-profit in the same order and with the names as such:
3. Act as a conduit to bridge the non-profit (Particle Foundation), for-profit (ParticleHQ), and artists’ interests in the Particle Ecosystem through an engaged and dedicated community
4. Partner with the non-profit (Particle Foundation), for-profit (ParticleHQ), and artists to develop a world-class, revolutionary, and creative ecosystem in a mutually beneficial manner

4 Likes